Thursday, September 9, 2010

Flip Flap!

Packing for college was very exciting. Most of my possessions were boxed up and stuck in the deep shelves in my room, and I got to see the rest of my room empty out into two little duffel bags to loaded into the back of the Big Volvo. Because I knew I wouldn't have much room in my dorm, I tried to minimize the amount of stuff I would bring. I left my collection of shells, bones, feathers, and other assorted animal parts.

I even packed up my prized puffer-fish, wrapped securely in several layers of newspaper (bubble-wrap+puffer-fish=bad).


But there was one item that I absolutely had to bring with me. One item that I knew would make me happy every time I looked at it, and would always make me smile.

I had to bring my Flip Flap Plant.

For those of you who don't know what a Flip Flap Plant is, shame on you. A Flip Flap Plant is a little plastic plant with a solar panel attached to it. It's leaves bob up and down when the light hits them, and it gives me hours upon hours of amusement. Here is a video of my Flip Flap Plant in action:


For those of you who were so enchanted by my little plant, you can buy your own Flip Flap Plant here a ThinkGeek (which is the coolest website ever).

2 comments:

  1. OK, Sadie...you need to find something else at a gigantic universtiy that will bring you hours of amusement. Isn't there bowling at ASU?

    ReplyDelete
  2. opps! acant splle university rite.

    ReplyDelete